Student Score Report Options
Beginning with the 2018‒19 school year, ELPAC Student Score Reports (SSRs) will be available electronically. LEAs will have options for providing SSRs to parents or guardians. SSRs will look similar to the printed ELPAC SSRs students received during the 2017‒18 school year.
View the Electronic Student Score Reports Benefits English Flyer and the Electronic Student Score Reports Benefits Spanish Flyer to learn more about the benefits electronic student score reports.
Options for Providing Student Score Reports
There are four options for accessing and providing both ELPAC and California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) SSRs to parents or guardians. We recommend that LEA ELPAC coordinators work closely with your LEA CAASPP coordinator to determine the best option(s) for your students and coordinate related activities.
More information about each of these options is available on the CAASPP Student Score Report Options web page. The details provided in the linked caaspp.org web pages are applicable to both CAASPP and ELPAC. Details specific to the Summative ELPAC are noted here.
- The credentials established in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) apply to both CAASPP and ELPAC.
- LEAs with separate coordinators for CAASPP and ELPAC should agree beforehand which coordinator will generate and provide the credentials securely to the LEA’s student information system vendor. If either coordinator regenerates credentials after their initial generation, only the last credentials generated are valid and should be shared securely with the vendor.
- ELPAC SSRs are two pages long.
- LEA ELPAC coordinators and site ELPAC coordinators can download SSRs for individual students in TOMS under the [Reports] → [Summative ELPAC SSR PDFs] tab.
- LEAs must request paper ELPAC SSRs prior to June 28, 2019. LEA ELPAC coordinators should contact the California Technical Assistance Center by June 28, 2019 to request or cancel an order. LEAs should prepare a purchase order for ordering paper SSRs after ordering from CalTAC.
- ELPAC SSRs are printed in color on 8 ½ × 11 inch paper. ELPAC SSRs are double sided.
- A set includes two copies of the paper SSR, either two in English or one in English and one in the student’s primary language, if that language is Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin (Chinese Traditional), or Filipino.
Timing Considerations for ELPAC SSRs
The Summative ELPAC testing window is from February 1 to May 31, 2019. Electronic SSRs will be generated on a rolling basis as students complete testing. Purchased SSRs are expected to be delivered in fall 2019.
Student Score Report Information
LEAs will receive two copies of the SSRs within a set, either two in English, or one in English and one in the student’s primary language if that language is Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin (traditional Chinese), or Filipino.
With most LEAs providing student score reports electronically, the guides to understanding SSRs, intended to be mailed with the paper SSR, will not be produced. To view a sample student score report in each language, visit the ELPAC Sample Student Score Report web page.
New for Families: Starting Smarter Websites
In addition, the California Department of Education (CDE), in collaboration with the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium and Educational Testing Service, launched two new websites to help empower parents/guardians and families to become partners in their children’s academic success:
These family-focused websites provide resources to facilitate parents’/guardians’ understanding of the scores presented on their child’s Student Score Reports. Using these websites, families can become involved in their child’s educational progress and:
- Learn more about the performance areas in each subject and grade.
- See sample test questions.
- Prepare for parent-teacher conferences with a useful downloadable guide.
- Access high-quality resources to support learning at home.