2019–20 ELPAC Archived Webcasts
This Web page provides archived webcasts for the English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) for local educational agencies (LEAs). The ELPAC Overview Videos are now available under Resources.
CAASPP and ELPAC Pretest Workshop (January 2020)
This workshop provided coordinators with the information they need to successfully prepare for and administer the Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments for English language arts/literacy and mathematics, the California Science Test (CAST), the California Alternate Assessments (CAAs), the California Spanish Assessment (CSA), and Initial and Summative ELPAC.
CAASPP and ELPAC Pretest Webcast (forthcoming)
ELPAC Pretest Webcast (December 2019)
This webcast, hosted by Educational Testing Service, provides updates and information about the administration of the computed-based Summative ELPAC. The information in this webcast will also be presented during the January Pretest Workshops . Topics included:
- Overview of the Summative ELPAC
- Ordering Materials
- Administering the Domains
- Technology Required for Testing Online
- Accessibility Resources
- Test Administration
ELPAC Pretest Webcast (Video; 2:01:09) (Posted 12/26/19)
ELPAC Pretest Webcast (Posted 12/18/19)
ELPAC Post-Test Webcast: Accessing Scores, Reports, Resources, and Tools (October 2019)
This ELPAC webcast provides information about the following:
- How to Understand the ELPAC Results (4:35)
- Student Score Reports (SSRs) PDF (5:45)
- Student Data File Layout (24:45)
- How to Access Results in the Test Operations Management System (TOMS) (30:35)
- Electronic Summary Report (34:10)
- Where to Find the Student Score Report (36:50)
ELPAC Post-Test Webcast (Video; 49:21) (Posted 11/01/19)
ELPAC Post-Test (Posted 11/01/19)
ELPAC The Results Are In—Now What? (October 2019)
This workshop demonstrated how to use data to advance English language proficiency through high-leverage instructional sequences. Participants used a protocol linking two of the more difficult ELPAC task types to robust classroom instruction which can be used to create ELPAC-like assessments in context. Video clips, student work, and reflections from the implementation of these practices with English learners were shared.
ELPAC The Results Are In—Now What? Webcast (Video; 2:34:02) (Posted 10/21/19)
Preparing Technology for 2019–20 CAASPP and ELPAC Online Testing Webcast (September 2019)
The webcast, hosted by Educational Testing Service, will include information about:
- Important Reminders and Updates
- Preparing for Online Testing
- Internet and Network Requirements
- Hardware Requirements
- Software Requirements
- Secure Browser Installation
- Remote Testing
New ELPAC Coordinator Training 2019-20 (August 2019)
This video series hosted by the Sacramento County Office of Education, provides information about the following:
- The basics in understanding the ELPAC Assessment system.
- Preparation, requirements, responsibilities, implementation, support systems and results of the testing.
- New coordinators are also provided a checklist and other resources to help with their testing experience.
August New ELPAC Coordinator Training 2019-20 (Video playlist) (Posted 12/03/19)
August New ELPAC Coordinator Training: Blank Notetaking Guide (Posted 12/05/19)
August New ELPAC Coordinator Training: Completed Notetaking Guide (Posted 12/05/19)
August New ELPAC Coordinator Training: Binder Materials (Posted 12/05/19)
New Coordinator Webinar (July 2019)
This webinar, hosted by the Sacramento County Office of Education, provides information about the following:
- The training opportunities that are available for new coordinators
- The various assessments included California’s assessment system
- Coordinator checklist and where to find more information to help you in your new role, as well as existing resources that you can share with your administrators and teachers.
New Coordinator Archived Webinar (Video; 56:09) (Posted 08/16/19)
New Coordinator Note-Taking Guide (Posted 08/16/19)