Initial ELPAC Test Administration
Initial ELPAC Test Materials
Local educational agencies (LEAs) will order testing materials through the Test Operations Management System (TOMS). Orders can be placed during the following ordering windows:
|Type of test material order||Ordering Window Opens||Ordering Window Closes||Earliest Delivery Date||Latest Delivery Date|
|Primary Test Material Order||April 24, 2018||May 11, 2018||May 16, 2018||June 1, 2018|
|Large Print and Braille Test Material Order||June 1, 2018||June 14, 2019||July 2, 2018||June 28, 2019|
|Supplemental Test Material Order||June 1, 2018||June 14, 2019||June 15, 2018*||June 28, 2019|
* Delivery date for standard materials only. Earliest delivery date for special test versions order is July 2, 2018.
LEAs should place their orders as soon as possible. Once a primary test material order has been placed, LEAs must wait for the Supplemental Ordering window to order additional test materials. Note: The Supplemental Ordering window is for special test versions and small quantities of additional materials and should not be used to place an LEA’s primary order.
Supplemental orders can be placed by LEAs online via TOMS or by calling the English Language Proficiency Assessments for California Customer Support Center at 844-782-2714. This applies to both standard and nonstandard test materials. Orders can be made once a month from June to June and will be delivered 10 business days from the date they are placed.
For the primary test material order, an additional 5 percent of materials is allocated as overage. Overage is not included when calculating excessive materials. Excessive materials are calculated in a manner similar to how they were calculated for the California English Language Development Test. Orders placed in TOMS will be compared to the LEA’s historical testing counts for the Initial ELPAC. If the difference for any order is 10 greater than the order for the administration of the previous year, TOMS will display a warning message indicating the quantity may be excessive. However, TOMS will not prevent processing of any orders exceeding the 10 percent threshold.
There will be no charge for excessive orders for the 2018–19 Initial ELPAC.
Initial ELPAC Pre-Id Labels
Pre-identification (Pre-ID) labels aren’t available for the Initial ELPAC, except for the 25 percent of LEAs participating in the sampling plan, as determined by the California Department of Education (CDE). Participating LEAs do not need to request or order these Pre-ID labels. Those participating in the sampling plan will receive labels to return scorable materials once scores are entered in the Local Scoring Tool (LST).
Local Scoring Tool
Examiners will score the operational assessments locally and use the LST to input raw hand scored results.
- The LST will be accessible to LEAs via a password-protected secure Web site.
- The LST will be implemented for Initial ELPAC test administration during the entire school year, excluding scheduled system downtimes.
- Entry of scores will only be allowed for students included in the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System/TOMS who have an English Language Acquisition Status (ELAS) of “to be determined” (TBD) and where their primary language is a language other than English. This is necessary for student data retrieval and validation.
- Through the LST, LEAs can enter, save, and print individual Student Score Reports (SSRs).
- The LST will have the ability to attach a configurable and customizable parent letter in a Microsoft Word template that the user can download and modify to send to parents/guardians.
- SSRs will be provided in Spanish and English for those students whose primary language is Spanish. All other students will only receive an SSR in English. The CDE is currently working to provide language templates in additional languages for LEAs to use.